An environment free of pollution is the best gift we can give our children. I will fight for policies that promote clean, healthy, and safe environments for our families. As a doctor who lived in Flint, MI, I know about the devastating consequences of a lack of leadership on issues of clean water and am determined to provide the consistent leadership these crises merit.
- Demand basic environmental protections to keep water safe and drinkable
- Champion legislation that studies the impact of GenX and other contaminants on health and act according to the findings
- Hold multinational corporations directly responsible for contaminating drinking water with industrial hog farm waste
- Make energy corporations pay for the cleanup of toxic coal ash ponds rather than transferring costs to ratepayers
- Pursue compensation for victims of toxic exposures on federal properties, in federal facilities and on public land
- Continue to fully fund the Environmental Protection Agency and support its efforts