I, like many of us, know that our way of life here in Eastern North Carolina depends on a clean and healthy coast. From tourism and recreation to commercial fishing and real estate, our economy is intertwined with an ecosystem that is all too easy to destroy. Continued fossil fuel exploration costs us billions in clean up and relief, risks permanent climate change, fuels superstorms, and endangers lives.
- Support clean energy solutions that lower consumer costs and create jobs
- End subsidies that prop up inefficient and costly coal, oil, and gas polluters
- Oppose offshore drilling because it is both dirty and dangerous
- Fight Atlantic seismic airgun blasting, which harms marine life and commercial fishing
- Accept the scientific realities of climate change and act accordingly