Every American has a right to quality healthcare. I will fight for practical solutions that put the needs of our families first, and not those of pharmaceutical and insurance company lobbyists. The opioid and mental health crises point out how important it is to restore a public health system and to cover every American for basic preventive and chronic disease management. In Congress, I would immediately champion lowering the Medicare eligibility age to 50 and creating a public option to cover Americans in order to stabilize the existing private marketplaces. In the richest country in the world, no one should suffer because they can’t afford proper medical care.
- Champion quality, universal healthcare coverage for ALL Americans
- Fight for prescription affordability
- Fully fund and expand Medicare and Medicaid
- Stabilize long-term funding for CHIP
- Protect mental healthcare as an essential health benefit
- Recognize addiction as a public health issue (not a moral failing or a crime) and invest in prevention, treatment, and recovery programs