Public education is the most important investment in our country’s future. From my own experience, I know that education is the path to opportunity. We must invest in universal Pre-K, guarantee that all students have a quality K-12 education and make higher education affordable so that students are not saddled with huge debts when they graduate.
- Guarantee quality public education for all from Pre-K through Grade 12
- Support innovation within the public schools to ensure a safe and welcoming learning environment
- Protect students from discrimination based on race, color, national origin and gender by enforcing existing Title VI and Title IX provisions
- Pave the way to affordable post-secondary education opportunities to prepare all students for 21st-century jobs
- Significantly reduce the burden of existing student loan debt
- Fully fund the Department of Education to promote these initiatives and provide accountability to taxpayers